This text is designed that can assist you troubleshoot a few of the most common issues that users face when using the Fastback Foilfast printer. However, it should offer you a very good start in tracking down issues with your printer.
This article is designed to help you troubleshoot a few of the most common issues that users face when using the Fastback Foilfast printer. The article will give you several common problems and potential solutions. Unfortunately the list will not be extensive. However, it should provide you with a good start in tracking down issues with your printer. Problem #1: Cartridge is stuck in the carriage
2. Open the front cover and take away all cartridges on the cartridge holder plates.
Problem #2: Power doesn’t come on
2. Ensure that the power cord is plugged into an outlet in addition to connected to the printer. After checking the ability cord, push the facility button to activate the printer. Is the printer plugged into an extension block or power strip?
Problem #3: Printing is light, distorted, or has gaps
1. Stop the printing and reinstall all of the cartridges. Take up any slack in the foils. If a specific cartridge repeatedly causes problems, try a distinct cartridge.
2. Clean the printer head. The platen often gets dirty at the identical time as the head, so it is strongly recommended to wash the platen after cleaning the pinnacle.
3. Clean the platen. If anything is stuck to the platen, remove it, being careful not to damage the platen. The platen often gets dirty at the identical time as the top so it is recommended to clean the platen in addition to the head. If cleaning the pinnacle and the platen does not work, contact your authorized Fastback dealer for assistance.
1. Before printing be certain that the printer is turned on.
3. Press the ready/insert button and be sure that the ready light comes on.
4. After connecting the cable, make certain nothing is putting pressure on the cable, and tighten the fastening screws and clamps to secure the cable.
5. Remove the sheet. If the sheet is caught within the rollers, open the front cover, push down on the release lever, and gently remove the sheet.
6. Recheck the printer settings in the application. NOTE: To make use of the parallel port for P21x printing you’ll have to set the printer port to LPT1 and not use the PPI_LPT1 port
8. When one of many followings occurs, it is possible that the cable is broken or disconnected. 1) The gauge in the Print dialog box doesn’t progress. 2) The “Out of Sheets” message appears repeatedly. Replace the cable with a new one. Are you using a printer selection switch or a printer buffer? With bi-directional interfaces, operation is sometimes unreliable when using printer switching boxes or printer buffers. If you are using a printer selection switching box or printer buffer, use one-way communication.
9. Don’t use a cable that is longer than you need. The signals become more unstable as the cable gets longer.
10. Use the correct cartridges. The Foilfast printer will only accept Foilfast” premium foil cartridges.
12. When the foil in a cartridge has been spent, black and silver stripes shall be visible on the ribbon. Install a new cartridge. After replacing the cartridge, printing will continue from where it left off.
13. Do you have got enough hard disk space? The Foilfast requires work space on the hard disk when it prints. Keep enough free disk space to make sure which you can print without problems.
1. Ensure there may be enough space in your hard disk. (The working space is released once printing is finished.)
2. Some applications have color printing enable/disable settings. Some applications don’t support color printing. Read the manual for the applying and check the color settings.
3. When very little memory is accessible for print processing, printing may take a long time or fail. Close as many applications as possible and check out again.
4. Handling color images requires a variety of memory for the applying and for the data. Sometimes there is insufficient memory left for printing. Be certain that your computer has enough memory to print the scale of images you are using.
5. General protection fault errors can occur when there’s insufficient memory for color printing or when part of the hard disk has become corrupted. After decreasing the size of the print data or scanning the hard disk, try printing again.
6. The time required for printing can increase dramatically if the free space on the disk drive is extremely fragmented. Clean up your files and defragment the disk by periodically running a utility like DEFRAG, which comes with Windows.
1. Has the carriage packing material been removed?
3. Has a cartridge become dislodged from a cartridge holder? Open the front cover and make sure the cartridges are correctly installed.
1. The cover material you’re using is probably not compatible with the Foilfast printer.
2. A curled sheet will cause sheet jams. The sheet ought to be curled the opposite technique to flatten it out before it is used.
3. Sheets with folded or cut corners could cause problems if the sheet doesn’t activate the position sensor and sheet length sensor properly.
5. The sheet feeder can hold up to 10 composition covers, 1 Clear Cover, or 1 Foilfast Title Sheet.
6. Composition covers should be between 16 – 18.5 points thick (.0016 – .00185 inches). Clear covers must be between 6.5 – 7.5 points thick (.0065 – .0075 inches). Covers that fall outside the bounds of those thickness ranges may go within the Foilfast printer, but Powis Parker doesn’t recommend using them. Covers that fall substantially beyond these thickness ranges may damage the printer’s feeding mechanism and should void your warranty.
8. Sheets must fanned at least once before they’re loaded into the sheet feeder. If not, sheets may persist with one another, and cause multiple sheets to feed into the printer at one time, or other types of misfeeding.
Article Tags: Fastback Foilfast Printer, Powis Parker, Fastback Foilfast, Foilfast Printer, Front Cover, Make sure, Power Cord, Hard Disk, Color Printing, Sheet Feeder